If I could choose dessert pizza as my favorite type of pizza, I would. Joel and I first had this style of dessert in D.C. on a date night to try a pizza place we had heard good things about. We don't live near D.C., but it was worth the 2-hour drive. The owner was there and made us all kinds of delicious food since it was our first time. We told him to keep it coming and bring the dishes he loves the most. He brought us lemon garlic bread and this was life-changing! We have been making our own version ever since. Although we cannot match the Nutella calzone that the chef himself made. For this recipe, it's just dough, olive oil, and Nutella. It's so easy and delicious.
- 1 prepared dough ball
- 00 Italian flour
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella spread
- Prepare your dough onto a flat floured surface, then drizzle with olive oil and spoon oil around to cover the dough.
- Drain fresh mozzarella from its water and place it on a paper towel for 30 minutes to continue draining the excess water.
- Add the mozzarella and spoonfuls of the ricotta dropped at various spots around the dough.
- Place the pizza into your Ooni Oven and cook as directed with oven instructions.
*Cook time is based on using an Ooni Pizza Oven!