Another Sunday night, another pasta dinner recipe. Joel and I love our pasta dishes. They are so easy to make and you can mix up the ingredients to create a new dinner recipe each time. For this recipe, I did our usual mixed greens, but I treated myself to ranch dressing. I added in our favorite pasta night sparkling water and kept it simple with a big pot of the pasta dish.
This sun-dried tomato pasta dinner recipe is a recurring dish in our monthly meals.
- 1 lb penne pasta or pasta of choice
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- Kosher salt + freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of organic heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish on plates
- Cook pasta of choice until al dente and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add a dash of salt, freshly ground pepper, and a dash of olive oil from the jar of sun-dried tomato jar.
- Once the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the sun-dried tomatoes. Allow them to cook and blister slightly, adding a touch of olive oil as needed and moving the tomatoes around.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and blistered, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the garlic and allow it to slightly brown, then add the heavy cream and butter.
- Whisk the mix around lightly, then slowly add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- You can add fresh herbs here. I didn't because I didn't have them on hand, but I typically use freshly chopped parsley in this dish.
- Turn the mixture to a low heat setting and let it thicken. You can add more cream and cheese as needed.
- Once the mixture has thickened but is not sticking to the bottom of the pan, add the pasta in handfuls at a time and toss into the sauce.
- Top off the pasta mixture with the blistered tomatoes and mix in before serving.
- Serve immediately.