Tequila in anything is my favorite drink, so you can bet that I will find the best margarita recipe that I can. Joel makes amazing margaritas on the rocks, but I love frozen, so I wanted to create the best frozen margarita that I could at home. Joel and I went to the beach this month and I had the idea of freezing the margarita mix that we use for frozen margaritas and it made all the difference. We put all of our ingredients into our Vitamix and bam. Delicious at home frozen margaritas.
The secret to the best margarita recipe is to freeze your margarita mix when making them frozen.
In addition, we chilled both the tequila and the triple sec to get them as cold as we could. We added about a cup of ice, but add more if you want a thicker consistency.
Shop the Post
Slushy Margaritas perfect for a hot summer night with friends
- 3/4 cup of tequila (I use Espolon Blanco)
- 1/4 cup of Triple Sec
- 1 tray of Margarita mix frozen into cubes (I use Tres Agaves)
- 1 cup of ice
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freeze the margarita mix into an ice cube tray ahead of time.
- Prep your glasses ahead of time by dipping the rim of the glass into a bowl of water followed by a shallow bowl of salt.
- Add a lime wedge to the rim for a decorative garnish.
- In a blender: add the tequila, triple sec, margarita mix cubes, and ice cubes into a blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Add ice if needed for a thicker consistency.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Place any unused mix into the freezer for no longer than 30 minutes.