Pepperoni is another word for air-dried spicy salami, and it's the perfect bite of flavor on top of fresh mozzarella cheese and a simple tomato sauce. We like to use traditional-style pepperoni found in the deli section of our food market. This pizza recipe is a classic that we make for our backyard pizza nights!
- 1 24 oz Whole Tomatoes, drained
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 prepared dough ball
- 00 Italian flour
- Olive oil
- Fresh mozzarella ball
- Traditional style pepperoni
- Make the sauce by adding the tomatoes and salt to a food processor. Process until just combined.
- Prepare your dough onto a flat floured surface, then spread a few tablespoons of the sauce into the middle of the dough. Work your way out moving the sauce to the edges, leaving only about 1/4 of an inch.
- Drain fresh mozzarella from its water and place it on a paper towel for 30 minutes to continue draining the excess water.
- Add the mozzarella to the pizza, then top it with pepperoni.
- Place in your Ooni Pizza Oven and enjoy!
*Cook time is based on using an Ooni Pizza Oven!